Ah chairs, fields of chairs. Black and red, tall and short, there just seems to be a never ending list of the different types of chairs out there.
Even when you narrow down the type of chairs for task and office chairs (typically the kind of chairs you want to use for gaming), there just seems to be so many.
It can be difficult to choose the right kind of chair when there are so many to choose from, unless you are a determined one.
That is why I have written this Staples Hyken technical mesh task chair review, to give you more information on products that interest you.
Fetch Me the Item!
Product: Staples Hyken Technical Mesh Task Chair
- Click here for current pricing on Staples. (We aren’t affiliated with Staples).
My Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Genius Stars
- Chair Type: Task
- Seat & Back Material: Mesh
- Arms: Adjustable
- Colors: Available in Black, red, and silver
- Ergonomic: Designed for safety and comfort
- Usage: Use only on carpet
- Adjustable Base Height (Not to be confused with back height)
- It Can Recline
- Adjustable Tilting Angles
- Included Headrest Support
- 7-year manufacturer limited warranty
- Recommended daily usage: 5-10 hours
- Max Back Height: 27.3 inches
- Minimum Seat Height: 16.9 Inches
- Maximum Seat Height: 20.7 Inches
- Adjustable Chair Height: 45.3-49.8 Inches
- Chair Width: 27.2 Inches
- Chair Depth: 27.3 Inches
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 275 Pounds
- Base Color (located below the seating area): Chrome
- Back Width: 16.2 Inches
- Back Depth: 29.5 Inches
- Seat Width: 19.3 Inches
- Seat Depth: 16.5 Inches
Modern Exterior Design
I love the modern design that emits from this chairs very existence. It looks fantastic! The base of the chair is really heavy and sturdy. Parts of it are even made of metal and it has a couple nozzles on the chair for adjusting a variety of things.
The adjustable arm rests are made of a hard rubber and don’t bother me too much, but they can get a bit uncomfortable on my elbows over time.
I haven’t tried it because I like to keep the armrests on the chair, but it appears that the armrests can be removed if you want to by removing a few screws under each arm rest.
Comfortable? It Could Be…
There is flaw with this chair, and it’s that if you are somewhere near 6 foot in height, then part of your back and shoulders are going to touch the headrest. So, it’s not really a chair for the tall peeps.
At least the headrest is removable so you can keep a straight back if you are too tall, but it still feels odd even without the headrest towards the edge if you are too tall.
I mean if you are somewhere around 5 foot 5 inches, then this chair would probably best fit you. The material it is made of is pretty comfortable.
It’s kind of odd to glance at if you haven’t seen a fiber mesh chair before because a lot of chairs seem to differ with their fancy pillows and what not.
It not only allows your lungs to breathe as you exhale and sit back in comforting relief, but its open fiber mesh cushioning allows your whole body to breathe as well.
It’s like Skechers Shoes and an office chair had a baby because it’s the chair that lets your body breathe. You wouldn’t think a thin layer of fiber mesh could feel so comfortable, but it does.
It could also be because the seat you sit on has built in lumbar support to reinforce parts of the chairs mesh with soft pillow like supports for optimal comfort.
There is a soft pillow-like support towards the front edge of where you sit and another support on the lower back .
I like the way that it reclines though, there is even a nozzle below the chair to adjust how much force you need to put on the back to activate reclining mode, which is pretty cool. It also has a tilt lock so you don’t lean too far back and throw out your back.
Lets See How Things Stack Up Against Each Other
- Meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Meets Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Association Standards (BIFMA)
- Easy to assemble
- Lumbar support
- Long comfortable daily usage
- 7-year manufacturer limited warranty
- Removable headrest for neck support
- Adjustable tilting angles
- Adjustable base height
- Adjustable arms
- Comfortable fiber mesh material lets your body feel air
- Beautiful modern look
- Sturdy and strong high quality build
- No adjustable seat depth
- No seat glide
- Difficult to remove the headrest
- No adjustable back height
- Can’t be used on hard floors, unless you have some sort of mat to place under it.
- If you are close to/are 6+ feet tall you won’t be able to fully utilize the headrest without your shoulders and back rubbing on it.
- Armrests could’ve been made softer
This is a really high quality and comfortable chair, but it really depends on your body type. The only thing that really bothered my about it is that the back height isn’t adjustable/long enough for optimal comfort.
When I lean back in the chair to activate the recliner, it sort of extends the chair in a way that makes it longer so my shoulders don’t touch the headrest.
But if I try to sit straight up my shoulders dig into the back of the headrest which can be annoying. That is why I gave it 4 Genius Stars out of 5 because it needs an adjustable back height for taller people, but it’s still a solid build.
The headrest can be removed, but it can be a bit difficult to because you need to get your tools out to unscrew and remove it. If you are the right height, I think that it would make a great chair for gaming or nearly any type of computer work.
Anyways, I really hope you found this article useful, as always I encourage you as the reader to ask any questions and leave any comments relevant to this post.